We believe that successful people make successful businesses, which is why we make every effort to provide our employees with an environment in which they can excel. Our professionals are integral in defining our business – delivering results to our clients and driving our company to success. We make it our job to treat them well.
At Marvin Johnson & Associates, we recognize the importance of our employees’ health and wellness. We are committed to providing a high quality, competitive employee benefit program which is designed to address our employees’ benefit needs. Our benefit package is regularly reviewed and modified to ensure we offer those benefits most valuable to both the employee and their family.
Provides new sales for Agency in premium dollars.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Other duties may be assigned.
1. Solicit new business by phone and in-person visits with prospects
2. Collect/process information necessary for underwriting
3. Provide service to clients by phone, E-mail or in-person visits on an as-needed basis.
4. Revise, develop and implement marketing strategies
5. Assign work to Customer Service Representative
6. Collect premiums from clients
7. Engage in activities to increase insurance knowledge and maintain licensing (seminars, webinars, etc.)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Analytical – Collects and researches data
2. Project Management – Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress
3. Communication – Communicates effectively with coworkers, prospects, clients and members of the business community
4. Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality through continuous improvement; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
5. Cost Consciousness – Contributes to profits and revenue
6. Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values
7. Organizational Support – Supports organization’s goals and values
8. Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Analyzes market and competition; Adapts strategy to changing conditions
9. Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Sets goals and objectives
10. Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Four-year degree in any area required
· No experience required
· One to four years’ experience preferred, sales experience a plus
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information in memos, reports, E-mails, and other documents
· Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to prospects, clients, employees and members of the business community
· Mastery of math skills as related to quoting policies, performing underwriting activities and tracking sales required
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions required
Certificates and Licenses:
· Valid insurance license required
· Valid driver’s license required
· This position assigns work to others but does not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is performed primarily in an office setting (employer, prospects and clients); The noise level in this work environment is usually low to moderate; On occasion the employee may have meetings at trucking terminals, where the environment may include dirt, oil, truck fumes and a higher noise level.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds; Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus; While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
We are passionate about serving our clients, developing our professionals and giving back to our communities. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, we are interested in hearing from you.